Highlands Go-Karts is an exhilarating, totally sensorial experience that is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist activities in New Zealand.
Definitely not just for kids, go-karting is a thrilling hands-on experience you can enjoy solo or with the help of some friends/family to make things even more fun.
The Highlands outdoor Go-Kart Track is 650 metres long, consists of 672 cubic metres of concrete jungle and edged with 4,830 tyres – an impressive facility all around!
With a great collection of top quality, German built Rimo karts capable of speeds of up to 50 km/hr, you can select from single or two-seater options. Challenge your friends or bring the family and set your fastest lap time on our purpose-built Go-Kart track. Great for individuals, for groups or as a team building exercise!
“This place is awesome! We had a father and son go kart drive, well looked after, my wife and younger son then had a probate go kart tandem experience and loved it. The live track times, length of track and quality of go karts was excellent.” Martin G, Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand TripAdvisor
PLEASE NOTE: You must arrive and check in at Highlands at least 30 minutes before your booking time. This enables us to complete the registration and briefing process. If you arrive later than this, your booking will need to be rescheduled.
Single Go Karts – 1 x 10 minute session – $49
Tandem Go Karts – 1 x 10 minute session – $49
One session not enough?
Click here to book our Race Packand enjoy 2 x 10 minute sessions for only $74. That’s a second race for only $25! Your second race will be booked 30 minutes after your first race so you will be able to take a break between races for a drink and to check out your lap times. PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for our special Race Pack pricing, the same person must be participating in both races. This deal is not available to be split between two people.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Helmet and hair net
- Helmets available with a Go-Pro mounts
WHAT TO WEAR
- No loose items or clothing are allowed while experiencing our Go Karts. We have secure lockers to store your items while on track.
- Closed footwear.
- Ensure long hair is tied up and tucked inside your helmet or down the back of your top.
- You can supply your own NZ Safety accredited helmet as long as it is full face or you provide goggles.
- You can bring a Go-Pro camera and we do have helmets with Go-Pro mounts.
- IN SUMMER MONTHS – Our Go Kart track can be a hot place to be on a summer’s day under the Central Otago sun so make sure you have applied your sunscreen. If you are go karting in shorts and tee shirts, we recommend cotton tees and longer shorts. Other materials, singlets and short shorts increase the risk of friction burns for some people.
- IN WINTER MONTHS – we recommend wearing gloves to combat the cold temperatures that you will be exposed to while driving our Go Karts. We do not provide gloves so please bring some along.
NOTE: We have a zero tolerance to alcohol on all self drive activities – so if you’ve been drinking the answer will be NO – so save it till after!
- Single or two-seater options
- Not operational in the rain or ice
- Driver age minimum: 10 years*
- Driver minimum height: 1.40m*
- Passenger age minimum: 6 years
- Passenger minimum height: 1.20m
*Although you may comply with the age and height restrictions above, you must have the ability to fully control the Kart. Final decisions on use will be made by our Go Kart team.
To guarantee your Go-Kart fun phone 0508 HIGHLANDS now or Book online- it’s the only way you can secure a time.
On wet days – GAME OVER is located in Queenstown, and is a state of the art Indoor Go Kart (electric) and Lazer tag facility.